Our dogs and cats most definitely look forward to things. Walk time, play time, dinner time, bath time (well, maybe not that last one!). While they may not like the fact that their best bud has gone back to school, or that evening walk time has been brought forward an hour or two, we like to think there are many things that our pets are looking forward to this fall…
- Leaves, glorious leaves! Probably one of the best naturally occurring play-toys behind the widely-worshipped stick, leaves provide the perfect backdrop for hours of fun and games, hide and seek and the most exhilarating rolls and back scratches … no to mention providing the perfect target upon which to practice your pouncing skills!
- No more hot dogs… unless accompanied by buns and ketchup! Let’s face it, many places are just not a lot of fun in summer for someone with a permanent (though fabulous) fur coat…
- Sweater season – though you may display outward signs of protest (and to be honest, it’s an unwritten rule of the doggie-code of conduct and an explicit one of the cat-code) many of the more fashion-conscious amongst our four-legged friends love the cosiness, not to mention the added attention that a super-smart, autumnal sweater will bring!
- Mud baths. No leaves to be found? Puddles and mud make a great alternative!
- Slipper season. What human doesn’t like a great game of ‘where are my slippers’ on an autumn evening?! But not only are they the perfect bait to make sure your human gets some much-needed exercise while also realising that the area under the bed is in need of a bit of a clean… they also make great chew toys if your own favorite toy is nowhere to be found.
- Football season. A couch full of humans with tasty chips, cheering (hopefully) at the TV is the perfect opportunity for some four-legged audience participation! Though you’re far more likely to be up for it if you’re canine rather than feline …
- Road trips, extra family walks and lots of left overs… what’s not to like about thanksgiving?! Just make sure you avoid turkey skin, bones, onions, garlic, leeks, grapes & raisins, chocolate and, of course, alcohol!
2 thoughts on “Seven things to look forward to this fall… if you’re a dog or cat!”
Hі there just wanted to giᴠe you a quick heads up.
The words in your content seem to be running off the screen in Opera.
I’m not sure if this is a f᧐rmɑtting issue or something to do with ᴡeb browser compаtibility but I figured I’d post to let
ｙou know. The design and style look grеat though!
Hope you gеt thе problem resolved soon. Cheers
Thanks for letting us know Rhonda! We’ll look into it 🙂