It’s Valentine’s Day… Maybe you’re looking forward to an evening (and night…) of romantic bliss? Or maybe you’re contentedly daydreaming about the various secret admirers you are sure to have sending you anonymous Valentine’s cards?
Or perhaps you are thinking, “Ugh.” Not again.
Well, you’re not alone. Reports indicate that one in five people would prefer to spend Valentine’s Day with their pet over their partner.
So here are our top ten reasons why your pet will make a better date this Valentine’s Day:
1) Slobbery kisses from your dog are a good thing…
2) Belly rubs in bed, with no pressure for more ‘action’!
3) Stuffed red hearts are actually worth having when there’s a puppy in the house
4) Hairy lips are allowed
5) Dogs make a game of soccer worth watching
6) Your pet can double up as a cosy foot-warmer
7) No pressure to buy the perfect gift. A simple cardboard box will do!
8) Your dog can rock any outfit and you won’t be embarrassed by their clothing choice
9) Your pet won’t complain when you sit down to watch your favourite chick flick for the 27th time
10) Your dog will always be faithful and always believe you are the best thing on two legs.