WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND WHAT DO WE USE IT FOR?
Visitors should be aware that each time they interact with our website two general levels of information about their visit can be retained. The first level comprises statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate and non-individual specific basis of all browsers who visit the site, and the second is information that is personal or particular to a specific visitor who knowingly chooses to provide that information.
HomeoPet LLC’s policy is to respect and protect the privacy of our visitors and HP will never willfully disclose individually identifiable information about its visitors to any third party.
The statistical and analytical information provides us with general and not individually specific information about the number of people who visit this website; the number of people who return to this site; the pages that they visit; where they were before they came to this site and the page in the site at which they exited. This information helps us monitor traffic on our website so that we can manage the site’s capacity and efficiency. It also helps us to understand which parts of this site are most popular, and generally to assess user behaviour and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the site.
Throughout this website you may have an opportunity to send us information relating to you such as through the “contact us” pages or any other area where you may send e-mails, request brochures, enter contests or respond to any promotions. *By choosing to participate in these, you will be providing us with some level of personal information relating to you. This information will only be used by HomeoPet LLC and could include:-
- Identity – first name, surname, log-in information (password), country of residence
- Contact – email address, telephone numbers and address
- Financial – payment card details, billing address, purchase information, payment history.
- Profile – your preferences for marketing, other website preferences and feedback on your HomeoPet experiences through reviews and surveys
- Social – if you choose to open a HomeoPet account using your Facebook, Twitter or Google account, we will use your contact information used for the relevant account to help populate your account data
The above information is only used for:-
- The purposes for which it was provided by you;
- Verification purposes and statistical analysis;
- To provide you with details of products, services, contests, competitions or promotions being provided or run by HomeoPet LLC or any of its associated companies or any third party that you have opted in to receive this information.
The table below sets out how we use your personal data and our lawful basis for doing so. We may process your personal data for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using it. Importantly, we will only use your personal data when the law allows us to.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH?
Importantly, we do not pass your personal data onto any third parties for them to market their products/services to you. If in the future we decide that we want to, we will only do so if we have your consent.
We do however share your personal data with third parties to help us deliver our products and services to you in the most effective way possible. These include third parties who assist us with:
- Delivering relevant HomeoPet email and text marketing (to the extent you have not unsubscribed)
- Our customer reviews and surveys
- Personalising the content on our website to ensure a tailored user experience
- Delivering relevant targeted and re-targeted advertising to keep you up to date with our services
- Detecting fraud or criminal activity
- Creating your HomeoPet account (being your social media companies who you have used to provide log-in information as part of the sign-up process)
- Running our competitions, such as our auditors, judges, professional advisors
- Other aspects of our service delivery, such as hosting our website and processing customer payments
In addition to the above, we may also be required to share your personal data with third parties if required by law or regulation. In such circumstances, we will make sure that the disclosure is only to the extent required by law or regulation.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR DATA SECURE?
We adopt industry standard security processes to ensure your data is kept safe and secure and to prevent unauthorised access or use or loss of your data. By way of example, we use secure server software (EV SSL) which encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. We also make sure that third parties who need to handle your data when helping us to deliver our services are subject to suitable confidentiality and security standards.
Despite the security measures we implement, please be aware that the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. As such, we cannot guarantee that information transmitted to us via the internet will be completely secure and any transmission is at your own risk.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR?
We will keep your data for as long as you hold a HomeoPet account and/or where you are still happy to hear from us about our latest news, products and services. Once you no longer wish to be engaged with HomeoPet we may still need to keep hold of your data if there is a legal reason for doing so (such as for tax purposes where you have made purchases on our site or where we need to resolve any disputes with you).
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
In certain situations, you are entitled to:
- access a copy of your personal data;
- correct or update your personal data, which you can do yourself by logging into your account or if you would prefer, please contact us and we can help you out;
- erase your personal data;
- object to the processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (as set out in the above table);
- restrict the processing of your personal data;
- where you have provided your consent to certain of our processing activities, in certain circumstances, you may withdraw your consent at any time (but please note that we may continue to process such personal data if we have legitimate legal grounds for doing so).
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please Contact Us. You don’t have to pay a fee to exercise your rights, unless your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive (in which case we can charge a reasonable fee). Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. Where your request is legitimate, we will always respond within one month (unless there is a legal reason to take longer, such as where your request is particularly complex). We may also need you to confirm your identity before we proceed with your request if it is not clear to us who is making the request.
HOW TO OPT-OUT OF HOMEOPET MARKETING
You can opt-out of any HOMEOPET marketing at any time either by Contacting Us or by using the opt-out function detailed in the relevant marketing email. Please note that we may still need to send you service notifications by email, such as advising you of updated privacy terms.
We do not currently pass your data onto any third parties for their marketing purposes. However, if we ever wish to do so in the future we will always get your consent. You can then opt-out from any third-party marketing at any time following the same process as above.